Up or down? On or off? Protected of not? Are any or all of these daily questions and concerns that your business faces when it comes to your IT systems?
When your business is looking to compete in today’s fast paced and competitive market your customer interaction needs to shine above your competitors. What happens though when your underlying infrastructure starts to fail? What happens when that email with the order that’s going to boost your quarterly sales 10% doesn’t come through because your mail server has decided to shut itself down again at 06:34? What happens when your employees come in and they can’t log in because their network credentials can’t be verified?
Well put simply – it’s time and money wasted….. Orders that are not received or are delayed due to an IT failure is not what your customers are concerned with. Staff are having to be paid to twiddle their thumbs because their work can’t be done is wasted time and money, then they have to react to any potential customer complaints… leading to further unnecessary costs.
If only there was a way for your systems to be monitored so that as soon as an issue is detected it can be reacted to. *
At boxportable we provide proactive core system monitoring so that typically we can resolve issues before our clients even become aware of them. The infrastructure that keeps your business up, running and online – your servers and router – to ensure you stay connected in today’s digital marketplace.
What We Monitor
We monitor a variety of critical items ensuring you systems remain healthy:
- CPU Usage: Monitoring the current load and historical impact on your server’s processor
- Hardware Health Status**: Where your server supports Dell OpenManage we will monitor a variety of the critical hardware components including the HDD and RAID health – allowing us to detect failing/failed drives and arrange replacements promptly keeping your data safe, Memory health, System BIOS and firmware ensuring its kept up to date, Temperatures, Voltages, Power usage/draw, Power supply status etc. A historical report for the system health is also available.
- Drive Space Usage: Ensuring you don’t run out of space to store your critical business data.
- Memory Usage: Monitors the current memory load ensuring your server doesn’t become the bottleneck in your network and that there is enough memory to handle the load placed upon the server.
- OS Version: Reports the currently installed operating system of the server.
- A/V Status: Checks that ensure your antivirus software and the database is on the latest version so that your server is kept safe and secure.
- Firewall Status: Checks to ensure that a firewall is active so that only authorised communications to the server can occur.
- Update Status: Ensuring all the latest security patches and fixes for your operating system have been applied keeping your systems secure from known vulnerabilities.
- Routers and networking: To keep you online we also monitor your router to ensure it is up and running to keep you online, monitoring items such as Upload Speed, Download Speed, Firmware version, ATN, SNR and Uptime.
With a simple and easy to read overview we can view all hostat and monitored services with any issues highlighted immediately in either a warning or critical state allowing the issue to be diagnosed promptly and reducing any potential downtime before it occurs.
* Targeted items are monitored at approx. 5 min intervals
** Where system is supported with Dell OpenManage