There are many reasons why your computer may be running slowly, however when it comes to speeding things up we recommend one surefire way to give your computer an immediate performance boost.
Without a doubt the most effective way to speed up your PC is to replace the hard drive with a solid-state drive. Unlike a traditional hard drive, a solid-state drive (SSD) has no moving parts, and response times are lightning fast as a result (up to ten times faster than traditional drives).
Performance will be improved throughout your PC, with a noticeable improvement in Windows startup time (often cutting time from 60 seconds to less than 20). Accessing files and using software will also be much faster.
There are many other benefits, including:
- Less chance of shock damage (such as if a laptop is dropped).
- Longer lifespan, because with no moving parts there is less wear.
- Energy saving, because less power is required.
- For laptop users, the drive is lighter than a traditional hard drive.
If you’d like to give your PC a performance boost, the switch to a solid-state drive is straightforward:
- We will advise the size of drive required, and the labour cost involved with making the switch.
- Your existing hard drive will be cloned to the solid-state drive, meaning all of your programs and files will be exactly where you left them.
- 240GB SSD, including supply and fit from £150.00 + VAT*.
- 480GB SSD, including supply and fit from £184.00 + VAT*.
- 1TB SSD, including supply and fit from £297.00 + VAT*.
* Assumes that work will be carried out in our workshop. Where an on-site visit is required we will advise any additional costs.